My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Gunslinger on March 20, 2011, 09:53:03 AM
-
I'm working on replacing my old wiring harness and have most of the stuff done, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the old ignition switch out. Anybody have any tips? Its a 3A, with the basic on off grounding switch.
-
Do you mean the switch for the key? If so you turn the chrome ring counter clockwise on the face of the dash. The switch then comes out from under the dash
-
Thats why I had a problem, I was trying to get it from the back, I'll give it a try, thanks
-
I hope you were smarter than I was....my wiring was so butchered up I cut every strand out and bought a new harness from Walcks (awesome product !!)....but I didn't label the switch where the original wiring went ! Now I gotta break out my meter and start ohming everything out..... :P :P
-
But it is so much fun! Take out the seats and lay a matress down so it is more comfortable to work upside down. I rewired mine when the tub was off, and the speedometer was out. Working through the speedo dash hole, and the transfer case cover off and the tub on saw horses made it easier. Jim
-
I guess I'm a little old fashioned, or just slow. I find a wire, chase it down from one end to the other and replace it, one at a time...makes the project last a little longer that way. Its still about 30 degrees here and I've still got a bout a foot and half of snow in the yard so taking th ejeep to Dairy Queen is still a ways away . :'(