My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Tumbleweed on March 17, 2011, 03:23:55 PM

Title: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
Post by: Tumbleweed on March 17, 2011, 03:23:55 PM
The parking lights on my CJ look like Cadillac bumber bullets. They stick out too far in my opinion. I have seen so many variations that I don't know what was standard in 49. Anyone have a picture of the original parking lights? Greatly appreciated.

George
Title: Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
Post by: calvinhunt on March 18, 2011, 02:12:03 AM
Without taking another photo and processing it, here is one I currently have on photobucket that is available to share with you now.  It consists of a clear plastic lens, a chrome bezel, and a cork gasket.  They are available at most vintage Jeep suppliers.  I got mine at willysoverland.com, 888-265-5337.  
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/FinishedJeep2008023.jpg)

There is a complete breakdown of the individual components on page 59 of the 1949 Willys-Overland Parts List - Jeep Models CJ-2A and 3A (available at many suppliers, also).  Scanned copy from that page is below:
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/LucilleParkCity002.jpg)
Title: Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
Post by: macrisel on March 18, 2011, 11:13:23 AM
Here is a pic of my replacements I got from Walcks.  I went ahead and got the headlight trim, parking light lenses and trim ring and the cork gasket from them.  Nice reproductions.
(http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/macrisel/DSCN3608.jpg)

(http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/macrisel/DSCN3721.jpg)
Title: Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
Post by: Gunslinger on March 20, 2011, 09:40:35 AM
Mine look like Calvin's its a 50 3B, the bulb sockets were all rusted out so I bought a couple of LED lights with plastic frames, a liite filing and creativity and they mounted into the bezel just fine.
Title: Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
Post by: Tumbleweed on March 21, 2011, 05:57:55 PM
Once again, ya'll are great. Thanks.....

George