My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: aboyandhisdog on January 03, 2011, 06:06:32 PM
-
There are 5 numerals stamped on top of the firewall just south of the carburator. �In the real world, these would look a lot like the vehicle ser. #. �Not sure what they mean in Willys world. �Does anybody know the meaning of these #'s? �This is an M38. �Thank you.
-
Can you take a photo of the numbers? Some early repro tubs had numbers stamped there. Do you have the word "Jeep" stamped on the front facing surface of the tool compartment?
-
Bob,
"Jeep" isn't stamped on the tool box and I didn't know that Repli-tubs were available in an M38 - good to know! I'll see if I can get a picture posted but no promises, not really sure how to do it. Thanks a lot for your help
-
Well, now it seems I have no idea how to post photos. Didn't see it in the "help" section either, so...all I can add about these #'s is that they are "74887" and that they are stamped into the upper edge of the firewall on the drivers side just behind the carb.
-
Tom,
Sounds like a reproduction tub. Original M-38s have Jeep stamped on the front side of the toolbox. The very early repro tubs had a combination of features. Some look like an M-38 with and MB glove box.
-
Thanks a lot, Bob. I appreciate your help.