My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => EVERYTHING ELSE, General tips => Topic started by: MikeP on July 12, 2019, 03:08:06 PM

Title: wheels and tires
Post by: MikeP on July 12, 2019, 03:08:06 PM
so my jeep comes with 15 inch wheels and im just curious what are my tire options for those rims like width and height which i dont want much higher than 31 and these tires would be my winter set as i would have the 16 inch ndt as my main
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: Rus Curtis on July 12, 2019, 04:34:05 PM
I'm running 7.00 x 15 on my 3B.� They're called Hercules but look a lot like the Super Traxion.

If you want radial, then a narrow ratio would be closer (dimensionally) to a bias tire fit:

http://cj3b.info/Tech/Tires.html
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: MikeP on July 12, 2019, 06:00:25 PM
i cant seem to find those hercules tires for sale but so far im thinking of these any input from others that may have used these tires in the snow please tell me your thoughts 

sta super traxion https://www.cokertire.com/sta-traxion-700-15.html?SID=mmhort6915qo243mcfev6kvcm2?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_content=59132&gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMH-_aO_CrbJTFVWMdIApTWz-lv8_1OayD20TB7auBaWYUUftk3cnExoCn3kQAvD_BwE

 or the powerking super traction 2 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-King-LT7-00-15-Super-Traction-II-Tires/54988372?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227061852189&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=164774665866&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-276059427492&wl5=9001699&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=54988372&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMHAZmTp2nMsV2i9r5Yel0PkDbn5oA1hXG2v7JoBtPwLpeHqCtZqO2RoCfMMQAvD_BwE

or the deestone d503 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deestone-D503-7-15-105-L/464477250?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227295099693&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=359214362823&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-777438611464&wl5=9001699&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=464477250&veh=sem
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: aboyandhisdog on July 12, 2019, 08:56:16 PM
That Coker looks nice to me.  I haven't used any of these and don't know about snow performance.  Also, I like a radial tire.  This said, I like the Coker as it specifically says it doesn't hold and throw rocks, and I'm guessing mud too.  This has been my one pet peeve of my Hankook radials - they grab on to the gunk and throw it all over the underside of the fenders!  You never see this with the old NDT's.  Other than that, I do like my tire's performance in most all other ways as compared to NDT's.  A lot of the guys run the Traxion style tires and as far as I know are very happy with them. 
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: johnrb3b on July 13, 2019, 11:29:55 AM
I'm running STA Super Traxions on both my 3Bs.
I'm very happy with them on pavement, gravel and snow.
Pictures here:
http://jeeps-folbots-etc.co.nf/jeep/jeep.html
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: MikeP on December 13, 2019, 10:01:19 PM
so ive decided to change things up a bit and instead of using the 7.00-15 im gonna go with 7.50-16 power king traction II for my winter driving as to keep with the same height ish as the 7.00-16 ndcc tires for my summer driving so basically my plan is to trade my set of 15's for 16's and that'll make 2 sets of 16's and also would these be the correct tubes to use for both sets of tires
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-GR-KR-16-16-Tire-Inner-Tubes-TR15-Stem-Bias-or-Radial-6-50-16-7-00-16/253913150956?epid=3016658076&hash=item3b1e6735ec:g:-K8AAOSwgYdbtMpH
Title: Re: wheels and tires
Post by: tow hook on October 03, 2021, 02:32:08 PM
so ive decided to change things up a bit and instead of using the 7.00-15 im gonna go with 7.50-16 power king traction II for my winter driving as to keep with the same height ish as the 7.00-16 ndcc tires for my summer driving so basically my plan is to trade my set of 15's for 16's and that'll make 2 sets of 16's and also would these be the correct tubes to use for both sets of tires
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-GR-KR-16-16-Tire-Inner-Tubes-TR15-Stem-Bias-or-Radial-6-50-16-7-00-16/253913150956?epid=3016658076&hash=item3b1e6735ec:g:-K8AAOSwgYdbtMpH



I found them @ Walmart. Com pretty cheap an no shipping if u get them at the store