My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Willys photo and story threads... => Topic started by: Ryan_M on July 25, 2014, 02:37:53 PM

Title: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: Ryan_M on July 25, 2014, 02:37:53 PM
I had to go check on a property "up north" this morning and since the weather was outstanding I took the 3A. I hadn't made it 5 miles from my house when I spotted this odd fellow:

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25065827_zpsc5267182.jpg)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25065834_zps00ad91ee.jpg)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25065819_zpsf99c35e0.jpg)

The Flinstone floor and flat tire lead me to believe this little Jeep may be ripe for a change in ownership. It definitely warrants further investigation. Nobody home when I was there - good thing it's close by

Further along the way the 3A turned its 5000th mile since coming under my supervision - I figured I should pull over to celebrate the occasion. How convenient, a covered bridge for a photo op:

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25091454_zpsc47e7a7b.jpg)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25091311_zps3dbb0131.jpg)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Jeeping%20About/2014-07-25091612_zps1845ebec.jpg)


Pretty neat structure based on the original 1850's one that washed away in 1987. It's the second covered bridge I've wheeled through in this 3A. Here's to another 5000 happy miles.
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: aboyandhisdog on July 25, 2014, 05:08:17 PM
Looks like a great day for a drive...that bridge is built!
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: Gunslinger on July 26, 2014, 08:09:26 PM
Me want fire truck !!!! 8-)
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: johnrb3b on July 28, 2014, 12:20:18 PM
Is that a Mack Truck bulldog on the hood or a frog?
I can't tell on this small laptop screen.
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: Ryan_M on July 28, 2014, 09:07:45 PM
Quote
Is that a Mack Truck bulldog on the hood or a frog?
I can't tell on this small laptop screen.

That would be.....a pig, of course.


Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: johnrb3b on July 29, 2014, 11:11:23 AM
Aaahhahahahahahahaha
I love it.
Where can get one?
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: BMIC on July 30, 2014, 12:39:49 PM
Ahhh ...The old "I'll be on the road to see a customer trick"
What exit of 95 is that Fire Jeep?
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: Ryan_M on July 30, 2014, 08:36:44 PM
Quote
Ahhh ...The old "I'll be on the road to see a customer trick"

I'm a pro.
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: SteveW on August 03, 2014, 03:29:02 PM
That is the cleanest covered bridge I have ever seen. (Not many of them but enough) Usually they are full of birds nest and droppings and human trash items. Last one I saw was in SW Ohio near Freeport and it was so creepy my family wouldn't even get out and go through it with me.
Title: Re: 3A "Fire" Jeep
Post by: corpsman on February 19, 2015, 01:02:58 AM
that "fire" jeep looks pretty dang good.  a decent set of tires would really do wonders for it, though.