My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Willys photo and story threads... => Topic started by: Ryan_M on January 22, 2015, 12:47:21 PM

Title: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Ryan_M on January 22, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
I found this old girl today not too far from where I live. Sad to see them like this. The owner has a pile of Willys parts he's trying to sell but we just couldn't come to terms so I drove off empty-handed. I like knowing where the Willys are hiding though  ;)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/Misc%20Junk/20150122_115348_zpscutxihom.jpg)
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on January 22, 2015, 01:23:09 PM
Quote
I like knowing where the Willys are hiding though

And I suspect you may be back someday....
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Ryan_M on January 22, 2015, 01:58:45 PM
The last time I posted a pic of a decrepit M38 with an Arctic Top here I ended up dragging it home a year later for free. I'm hoping to repeat the magic....
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: BMIC on January 22, 2015, 03:45:44 PM
I think you have him Ryan, anytime they have the kitchen sink ready to throw in its a done deal!
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Ryan_M on January 22, 2015, 09:49:14 PM
Quote
I think you have him Ryan, anytime they have the kitchen sink ready to throw in its a done deal!


HAHA I didn't even notice that until I posted the pic here earlier today. Glad you caught it! Funny stuff!
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: garage gnome on January 23, 2015, 05:39:59 AM
That one looks to be in good shape too!
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: athawk11 on January 23, 2015, 11:37:05 AM
You're killing me Ryan...absolutely killing me. 

It would be nice to live in an area where you're constantly tripping all over Willys Jeeps... like children's toys laying all over the living room floor. >:(

Tim
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: johnrb3b on January 23, 2015, 01:54:31 PM
Between the sink and the bird house, that's a pretty funny pic.
Good luck on rescueing that one too.
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Oilleaker1 on January 24, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
Drowning in m38's. You just had to post that didn't you? Hey, trade him some WW2 GM trannys! lol, John
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Ryan_M on January 24, 2015, 06:50:50 PM
Quote
Drowning in m38's. You just had to post that didn't you? Hey, trade him some WW2 GM trannys! lol, John

I DID!! He's a GM guy and his eyes lit right up when I mentioned them. Upon further description, however, that light faded� �:-/
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Oilleaker1 on January 28, 2015, 08:11:51 AM
Hey Ryan, you need Chewy at your house. He'd blow your driveway out in one pass. 32000 lb snowblower kicks butt! John
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Tumbleweed on January 28, 2015, 05:08:17 PM
Ryan, what happened to all the snow!
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Ryan_M on January 28, 2015, 06:02:49 PM
Quote
Ryan, what happened to all the snow!


That pic was last week. The snow had all but melted but then we just received another 20"+ last night....and another 6-8" in the forecast for Friday....ugh....
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: Gunslinger on January 28, 2015, 08:39:59 PM
Why do you guys in the Northeast have all the Willys, here in the frozen north we are lucky to find where one rusted into the ground !!
Title: Re: Another M38 discovery
Post by: corpsman on February 12, 2015, 11:47:34 PM
I hate to see them like that also.  that one really needs to be saved.  good luck on that in the future.