My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Willys photo and story threads... => Topic started by: calvinhunt on September 29, 2014, 09:24:01 PM
-
Here are four videos of the Big Canyon Trail Calvin and I went on. It has a dugway down one side into the narrows and another dugway up out of the Canyon. We went down from the East side and up the West side. Then we went down the West side and videoed going back to the East.
Hope you enjoy watching as much as we did driving the trail. It is very steep and rocky all the way down and back up. I really like this dugway trail and it�s close to Blanding.
The first video is the last so start at the bottom to watch them in order.
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/Big%20Canyon/th_P9260013.mp4)
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/Big%20Canyon/th_P9260012.mp4)
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/Big%20Canyon/th_P9260008.mp4)
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/Big%20Canyon/th_P9260004.mp4)
-
NICE Thanks for sharing!
-
[size=12]I think I should point out that it was actually Carl who posted these videos.� After the trail ride we went to my house where we viewed them and decided of the 8 or 10 that we took these 4 would be the best to represent the fun trail we were on.� Carl posted them from my computer--I though he logged on as himself but it looks like he logged on as me.� I was the photographer, however.� I must say that as usual, the videos do not show the difficulty or roughness of the trail.� I have never taken my Jeep across that trail because I have always felt it was too rough and I would be abusing it.� Carl has completely gone through the drive train of his Jeep--engine, transmission, transfer case, and rear ends. But he chose to leave the body as he found it so he can enjoy it.� [/size]
-
Thank for sharing. Wow!
-
You really have to drive the trails I have to understand how rough some of them are. A hand held video camera or a photo camera video are not good at all about the reality of a trail. I bought a GoPro thinking it would show the roughness of trails but it has very good stabilization and hardly shows any movement of the Jeep. I have a windshield mount and it works great. I can't post any of those because they have to many bytes and the only way is to use you tube.
-
Get on Youtube then!
:)
Your old flatty makes it look effortless. Looks like a fun climb, I bet you are utilizing that rear end.
-
Looks like fun!
-
Yes, the Lock Right made all the difference in the world. Trails I had to struggle on last year I just idled up in low gear, low range.
I have a Utube acct I have never used. I may try to use it.
-
Those are some great videos! Carl, if someone ever looks at your jeep and smirks at it because of the appearance, grab them by the back of the neck, strap them in and take them for a ride on one of these trails!
You have built a great example of what a "mostly" stock Willys is capable of. I love it and you should be very proud!
Keep it up guys! I love to see your pictures and videos!! [smiley=beer.gif]
-
That is some good stuff there. Reminds me of Colorado, but not at 12000 feet. Thanks! John
-
Thanks macrisel. I do plan to do some body work this year and paint it OD again. The fact is I can and do go places others won't take their Jeep, only an ATV. Most my friends have a vehicle they don't want scratched or bounced off rocks. I really don't mind the scratches and dents because I can fix them and want to see what is down the trail.
A lot of people that see my Jeep say they love the way it looks. I don't wash it every night after the trails so it's muddy and filled with tree limbs and leaves. It looks like it is a trail Jeep and it really is.