My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... => Topic started by: BMIC on February 26, 2017, 09:26:40 PM
-
I have been spending my first full winter in Florida since retiring this past fall. It sure beats Maine winters (unless your the Ryan M hardy type) but of the 7 car shows I been to not a 2/3 A in sight. What's up with that? Plenty of Florida members.
PS.. If I see another 32 Ford Roadster Kit Car I'll........
-
Visiting family in FL. There was a military show in MT Dora this last weekend an of course a lot of flatties there. If you are on Facebook go to the iffc (international flat fender club). I noticed a lot of folks from FL. There.
-
We will occasionally go to the �Golden Super Cruise� in Golden Colorado. This is an informal gathering held once a month from May until September every year. It is now the largest gathering of cars in Colorado. Thousands of cars in every make and model you can imagine. Classics, modifieds, new, old. Rat Rods to perfect original restorations. A member of the local Corvette club counted as many as 100+ Corvettes alone. Hundreds of Camaros. Hundreds of Mustangs. Dozens of T-birds and Cobras. Most are parked, some are crusing. It�s organized pandemonium.
You will see a couple CJ5s.
You will see one Flat Fender. (Mine)
Needless to say, a Flat Fender is unusual at this gathering. We get lots of smiles�chasers(we are cruising)�thumbs ups�screamers�yellers, etc. You get the impression that a Flat Fender is rare. Half the people we talk with know someone that knows someone that has one, or has driven one. The other half has no idea what they�re looking at. I�ve had one person ask if it was some type of a concept car. [smiley=grin.gif]
-
Here is a list of local shows in my area SW Florida. One reason Florida doesn't have a lot of older jeeps is people don't retire and bring them down here. Plus a lot that ever did get made into buggies for hunting.
https://www.larrycruisinlist-swfl.com/home.html