My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... => Topic started by: garage gnome on April 10, 2013, 08:27:12 PM

Title: Someone needs this.
Post by: garage gnome on April 10, 2013, 08:27:12 PM
You can live the adventure I had with the Titan!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Case-12-20-Cross-Motor-Tractor-Rare-Old-Vintage-hit-miss-engine-Farm-/190823222151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6df34b87
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: johnrb3b on April 11, 2013, 11:01:50 AM
Oh man. You're killin' me
I drove the little 1950s Case tractors in my youth, along with a variety of Farmalls.

The only really bad note:
"It is missing some of the differential gears ..."
Might be some machine work needed there - cut your own gears?
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: garage gnome on April 11, 2013, 11:05:32 AM
You can probably find them. There are a couple guys who have tractor graveyards with tons of parts that advertise on my engine forum.
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: johnrb3b on April 11, 2013, 11:23:17 AM
Cool. Parts might be available.
Now all I need is a couple acres in the country, a few thousand bucks burning a hole in my pocket, a wife who won't kill me, oh, and I need to retire too.
Can you help me out GG?
 ;D
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: garage gnome on April 11, 2013, 11:25:25 AM
You know you need it John. It would be a great project.  ;)
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: johnrb3b on April 11, 2013, 11:41:53 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

I really need to finish my 3B and my Wagon first.
And then there's the room in the house that needs a new ceiling.
And the garage needs a new floor. Oh and the back wall needs replaced.
And the basement's a shambles. A couple man months to clean out and reorganize.
And . . .
You get the picture.
And I still have to go to work every day. I SO need to retire.
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: garage gnome on April 11, 2013, 12:51:12 PM
Excuses, excuses....  ;D
Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: Quebec Jeep on April 11, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
Since my dad is retired, he is always complaining about his new boss (my mom)!

He never worked hard like this before...

 :(  

He does'nt have time for me and my jeep anymore....

:-[  :-/  :'(

Title: Re: Someone needs this.
Post by: johnrb3b on April 12, 2013, 12:42:35 PM
Wow, I'd think he would be looking for things to take him out of the house - like your Jeep.
And from quite a few retirees I know, the wife is looking for things to get the guy out of the house too.
 ;D