My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... => Topic started by: johnnybravo on January 25, 2012, 10:01:54 PM

Title: 44 years-tools and box
Post by: johnnybravo on January 25, 2012, 10:01:54 PM
I got this Army ammo can in 1966 and started buying tools. �The tools in this ammo box has touched: �BRC-40, MB/GPW, Cj2a, Cj3a, Cj3b, Cj5, FC-150, FC-170, WO Trucks, WO Wagons, Ford cars from yr model '41 to '61, Chevys from model yr '46 to '67 and others.
I say that to say, about all the mechanical tools you need to do about 85% of the restoration on an older jeep will fit in a Cal. 50 ammo can.
Title: Re: 44 years-tools and box
Post by: johnnybravo on January 26, 2012, 09:51:27 PM
The brass welding rod all twisted into a "Tee" �and hook on the end, is a special tool I made before I got the can. �It's purpose is to retrieve all the innards of the front hub on a jeep without getting your fingers in the grease.


 ï¿½
Title: Re: 44 years-tools and box
Post by: johnnybravo on January 26, 2012, 09:55:57 PM
After removal, use the Tee Hook to convey the item to its holding area, until needed.

Title: Re: 44 years-tools and box
Post by: Gunslinger on January 28, 2012, 08:10:23 AM
Bravo Johnny :D
Would it make a difference if that brass hook contraption were a coat hanger refab, or is the brass specific to form and function??? ;D

During my rebuild I once commented to my wife that I now understood why the Jeep was so significant in the war, if a moron like me could take it apart, fix it and get it back on the road with 4 wrenches a screw driver and a hammer, imagine what a trained mechanic could do.  She said great, now we can sell the rest of the tools in the garage and get that new sofa and drapes I want.  

That didn't go so well... :-/
Title: Re: 44 years-tools and box
Post by: johnnybravo on January 28, 2012, 08:47:55 AM
YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR DESIGN CHANGE AND WOULD HAVE TO BE APPROVED BY ENGINEERING. :o

IT AMAZES ME HOW THE WIFE CAN TAKE AN INNOCENT COMMENT AND CHANGE INTO A WAY TO GET NEW DRAPES, DISHES OR FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS.  THE ARE VERY CREATIVE. ::)  

...AND THEY WONDER WHY WE DON'T SAY MUCH :-X