My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... => Topic started by: Chasm on January 18, 2012, 04:05:06 PM

Title: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Chasm on January 18, 2012, 04:05:06 PM
We had an unseasonably warm weekend in Southern Pennsylvania a week ago. I had procrastinated with some of my yard work... specifically cutting down all of the ornamental zebra grass and saw grass that I thought was such a great idea a number of years ago. Anyways, it was so nice out, I really wanted to play with the CJ3A. That never gets to happen in the middle of January! So, I decided to turn a chore into some fun! I took Old Yeller out of the garage, hooked up the Bantam trailer with my newly restored side racks in place, and used it to haul off all of the grasses and brush I was cutting. Got a lot of strange looks from passersby as I was going down the road to the brush pile! Heck, I drive a Willys, I'm used to it!  ;)

(http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/jeepchasm/HaulingBrushJan2012.jpg)
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Matto on January 18, 2012, 07:12:29 PM
That's a really nice setup Chasm, You can sure put alot of brush in there.
We hit 60'+ in CT a week ago last Saturday and put 34 miles on the Jeep just driving around town.
Matt
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: athawk11 on January 18, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
That is one nice set up.  I think I remember your post on the Bantam restoration.  It's been cold here in Colorado.  This weekend is suppose to be nice.  I have Jeep plans myself.

Tim
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Gunslinger on January 18, 2012, 07:51:11 PM
Chasm,
That is so sweet!!
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: calvinhunt on January 19, 2012, 12:49:39 PM
OK Guys,
 ï¿½Now you've gone and done it. �You've stirred up my Jeep hormones with your January Jeepin' posts to the extent that I've got to dig mine out of hibernation and do a little driving. �

 ï¿½No, I don't have an enviable Bantam trailer to show off, but we're supposed to have unseasonably warm weather here in Southern Utah for the next few days so now is my chance. �

 ï¿½Even though I store my Jeep for the winter, I always drive it a bit each month just to keep it oiled and limbered up (even if I don't get a warm day).
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Gunslinger on January 19, 2012, 04:28:35 PM
Usually it gets a little more comfortable here in March or late February,(MPLS)  I like to put on the Mad Bomber hat, plug in good cigar and go driving around on the lake visiting ice Fishermen.  They get a kick out of and so do I.  Ice is usually about 30 Inches deep by then.  This year may be different.
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: rocketeer on January 19, 2012, 07:40:40 PM
That's what I like to see, other people working. I can stand and watch it for hours! :)

Larry
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: calvinhunt on January 19, 2012, 08:23:06 PM
As I opened the door to its garage the little '49 Willys started wagging its tail and was anxious to go for a drive. �It was coat weather, however, for my wife and I.
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/JeepJanuary017-1.jpg)

We've had a little snow so far this year but it's all gone except for the remnants in the mountains.
(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/JeepJanuary011.jpg)
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Matto on January 20, 2012, 06:13:06 PM
Jeeps get cabin fever too.  ;)
Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Comanche_County on January 20, 2012, 06:24:09 PM
I love yellow Jeeps!  Beautiful!

(http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo336/calvinhunt/JeepJanuary011.jpg)

(http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/jeepchasm/HaulingBrushJan2012.jpg)

Not a flatty but here's my 74'.
(http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6156/6268908109_046bd7f9f3_z.jpg)

Title: Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
Post by: Chasm on January 27, 2012, 02:58:27 PM
 :)