My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc. => Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... => Topic started by: mrman5917 on March 27, 2011, 05:32:38 PM
-
So this is a rant. I've been trying (very hard) to find other 3A-related items to have in my office at work. Trying to find items like high quality pictures/prints, advertisements, small toys, etc. seems to be nearly impossible. Finding MB/2A or CJ-5 related items seems to be no problem at all.
Anyone have any idea where I can find ANYTHING like that for a 3A? It's so hard when someone says "is that what your Jeep is like?" and I have to reply "sorta but not really" and that's usually the end of that.
-
There are all kinds of photo's and sales brochures on the old site. Try this site http://www.cj3a.info/
-
Unfortunately, the life magazine scans are either not high enough quality for a good sized poster, or it's not something I would make a poster of. I can get a huge poster of an AMC CJ-5, but finding anything larger than an 8x10 of a 3A just seems impossible to find.
-
The Tonka Jeep (toy) resembles a CJ-3A more than any other Jeep. There were many different versions of it.
-
I got my Kaiser Willys catalog a little bit ago; I think they sell vintage advertisements. I have been wanting to get a few for my house but havent. They look really good in the magazine, not sure how they will look in person tho.
Just my 2 cents thats all.
MikeC
-
There is a willys site that sells repops of the original ads, I am not sure how many are 3a related, but some of the farm jeep accessory ads are 3A.. If you go to Ewillys.com, it is currently the top or second banner ad on the right side. Good quality stuff.
http://www.willysjeep.com/store
Also willys tended to adbertise in teh Saturday evening Post and I think Life....check your local antique paper ephemera dealers...
-
That site that I also found via eWillys was what started this whole thing. The big project at work has finally started to get to a point where I can worry about something other than it, and realized that my office has horrific art work in it. Went looking for CJ-3A posters or adverts and I started realizing that I just hadn't seen them anywhere. Then I looked at my little Jeep toy collection at work, and with the exception of the TJ scale die-cast, the other 4 or 5 of them are all MB models.
-
Looks like most of the posters are for a 2A. I too would like to find reprints of posters for a 3A. A nice print of a 3A would certainly look better on my office walls than a painting :)
-
Sounds like a cottage industry waiting to happen! �Come on somebody, grab your camera and hop to it! �:)
Larry
-
I bummed around on ebay and found several original brochures and ads for sale under the "collectables" section. Do a search for "Jeep" or "Willys" and it should bring up quite a few things. Narrow your search by entering the year of your Willys. I had the most luck using "1950 Willys" as the search criteria. I don't know what kind of shape they are in, but I have bid on a few of them.
Also, the link off of BobW's page to Life magazine has a few pictures of 3A's if you look hard enough....but again, there are a LOT of 2A photos from the wars.
Bob, do you have a direct link to the Life magazine photos on your page? I never could find these on the Life website. I was hoping to find a few nice black and white photos to blow up and frame. A good photo shop can work wonders with a .jpeg file ;)
-
Try looking for issues of "Country Gentleman" I have one advertisement for a 2a but have seen a few others of 3a's and cj-5s at garage sales.
-Jesse
-
Bob, do you have a direct link to the Life magazine photos on your page? �I never could find these on the Life website.
Unfortunately I did not save the links for those photos :(
-
http://www.life.com/search/?type=images&q0=willys
Larry
-
Also try these
http://images.google.com/images?sa=4&imgc=&imgsz=&q=jeep+ride+source%3Alife&biw=1024&bih=572
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=572&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=jeep+tape+source%3Alife&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=
-
Thank guys! I think they will make some nice prints for my office. ;D
-
Macrisel, I think I agree. I've been pouring over the images for the last few days and found some good ones. Thanks guys for all your assistance.
I still think it would be pretty cool to get some really high quality shots of some of the restored Jeeps from the members here. There has to be more looking for stuff like this than just me.
-
Just thought I would update everyone on what "goodies" I have found. �Here is a picture of an ad I bought off of eBay for around $6. �I took it to Hobby Lobby to have it matted, framed and a backer added. �Total cost for everything was around $35. I think it turned out great and it looks awesome in my office! �I have one more ad on the way that I'll do the same way. �After I finish my 3A, I'll take a nice photo of it and frame it between the two ads. �I also have my eye on a 2 foot diameter metal "Willys Service and Sales" sign from www.genuinehotrod.com
When it is all said and done, I should have a pretty cool Willy wall....
(http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/macrisel/DSC04297.jpg)