The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Bob W
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »

I've been looking at vintage pulleys on eBay but haven't found exactly what I want yet. I also have one here that I picked up at a flea market with a shaft and housing assembly. I just noticed that the housing is cracked. It has a babbet bearing and I think it would melt if I weld the crack.
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »

Posted by: Bob W
« on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »

I'm trying to come up with something that looks original and is not too expensive. Working on a few ideas here.
Posted by: Bob W
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »

Wow, that's a good idea! I think the original tension roller was probably not spring loaded - just a slotted hole with a bolt arrangement. If I can find a 5"-6" diameter by 6" wide roller with some kind of bearings on an axle I can make it work.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 04, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »



Keep in mind; I�m from the garage door world.� Bearings with bolt on flanges, spring, torsion bar and collars are common parts in my world.� This is what popped into my head.� Note:� After further review, the �tension arm� would probably need to be moved to the inside of the table top angle.� This design looks like it would fold up with the rest of the implement.
�


I also thought that maybe the table mount could be made so it�s adjustable.
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

Old pull behind hay balers had tension rollers...we had an International 55W that had a 4 cyl engine and was belt driven....maybe a bit of an antique now...probably a late 40's model...
Posted by: Bob W
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:36 AM »

It has a "rolling table". Many old buzz saws have a pivoting table arrangement but this table has 4 rollers so it moves like a drawer.

I still need to make up a belt tension roller. My first plan is not working out so good.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »

This is very cool...but terrifying.  :o

Looks like the table is pushed toward the blade.  Yes?

Tim
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »

Wicked!

I like those old attachments...they look cool but maybe not too practical.

You have to admire the Willys marketing dept for trying to make the Willys jeep everything for everyone....
Posted by: Bob W
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »

I finished up fabricating the unique parts that attach the saw to the Jeep.

It's not really as practical as the advertisement suggests. A lot of these early Jeep attachments didn't work out like advertised. "Quick on - Quick off" not so much. "Fully Portable" = maybe portable. Here are some photos...







Posted by: Bob W
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »

Unfortunately I do not have any photos of an actual Newgren Buzz Saw of this type on a Jeep. My saw came without any of the attaching parts so I need to make up something that seems correct. It leaves a lot to the imagination.

Posted by: Bob W
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:26:43 PM »

Quote
Are you on a mission to have all Willys equipment/implements?

Always looking for a good deal on old junk  ;D
Posted by: athawk11
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »

These are cool tools! 
Are you on a mission to have all Willys equipment/implements?

Tim
Posted by: Bob W
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:02:57 PM »

Up next, as time permits, a Newgren Buzz Saw.