The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: May 20, 2016, 06:14:19 AM »

Good stuff Mark. And yes, things are a lot easier to take apart the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times as you won't have as much grease and grime to deal with  ;D
Posted by: MarkA
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »

still working on plan to drive around yard. Pretty much saved brake pedal replacing the rest, turned drums had to swap 1, ended up taking front backing plates off to remove adjusters and kept going. I have new oil seals,pinion in and hopefully soon  knuckles back on. E brake works now with new output seal. Rear axle just pinion and outerseal for now. Went threw carb should have gotten master kit. Did plugs wires ect. still have to check lifters. The compresion was 89  90.
No real big surprizes other then rock hits the front diff cover was touching ring gear, lip on front backing plate folded, and rear axle drain plug mashed good. I read someone posts about the jeeps telling their story bet some of those rocks were good ones. I've never gone threw as many rags and parts cleaner wow! Funny thing I'm happy as hell, have a list of stuff to look for when really get at it in fall "yep I'll call you Ryan" and just figure anything I do now will be done or come apart easy next time and be a alot cleaner.