The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: letsjeep
« on: August 30, 2024, 10:25:03 AM »

bob3b,

I am not sure if it is exactly the same winch but I installed an Koenig in an craddle a few years ago at a 3B. I did use a non stock bumper (sorry but the stock one was too narrow for street legal here in Germany...). It was a little bit tight but possible. Here ist the link:
https://cj3apage.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5357.0

Ken (Oldtime) posted a comparison of a few winches, Derek collected it and posted it at the CJ3BPage:
https://cj3b.info/Tech/WinchWars.html

Hope this helps a little bit, have fun with the Jeep and the winch!
Bernd
Posted by: Bob3b
« on: August 28, 2024, 03:25:50 PM »

From what I see, the bumper location needs to be modified! They made special adaptors to fix them
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: August 27, 2024, 12:40:17 PM »

I pulled a Koenig c100 winch off an early cj5. Did a little cleanup to out it in my 59 cj3b. Went to install it and I think it’s too deep Togo on? Anyone else have this pto winch on their 3b?

Quote added so I can see the post.

Bob,
Wished I knew more about winches.  After seeing this on the C-100:

http://48cj2a.com/images/pto/Koenig/Koenig%20PTO%20Manuals/Koenig%20Bulletin%202357%20C100%20Winch.pdf

I wonder if there would've been alterations to the mount/bumper for all the different applications.
Posted by: Bob3b
« on: August 23, 2024, 12:12:51 PM »

I pulled a Koenig c100 winch off an early cj5. Did a little cleanup to out it in my 59 cj3b. Went to install it and I think it’s too deep Togo on? Anyone else have this pto winch on their 3b?