The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Mark W.
« on: December 13, 2023, 01:37:55 PM »

Is been worked on some LOL

Its now

140cuin
7.2-1 static compression ratio
balanced from the crank nut to pressure plate
has a Custom Aluminum intake with a Weber DGV-5A 32/36 carb
Custom built Tri Y header and 2.25" exhaust system
MSD and Petronix ignition w/ Booster gap plugs
Fresh air intake
Custom Oil filtration system
Electric fans and Fuel pump


Posted by: Phil
« on: December 13, 2023, 08:22:53 AM »

Absolutely Wagons Jeepsters and both Pickups as well as DJ-3A's used Vacuum Advance distributors. I have one in my CJ-2A that while it was bought as NOS still in factory packaging its OEM application would be a 1961-62 FC-150 with the 134F

Also the cars all originally had vacuum advance distributors the Willys the Henry J's the Alstates etc. Your must have gone walk about at some point.

My distributor is an IAT-4405

Now a word of caution while a vacuum advance distributor will help mileage and drivability the vacuum cans are very expensive and NOT available new anywhere. I have bought a couple off eBay but there is variation so be careful. A few places offer a rebuild service for the cans but its not cheap and you have to have a can to rebuild.

Wow, that's the best looking old Jeep engine I've ever seen.
Posted by: Mark W.
« on: December 11, 2023, 12:10:34 PM »

Absolutely Wagons Jeepsters and both Pickups as well as DJ-3A's used Vacuum Advance distributors. I have one in my CJ-2A that while it was bought as NOS still in factory packaging its OEM application would be a 1961-62 FC-150 with the 134F

Also the cars all originally had vacuum advance distributors the Willys the Henry J's the Alstates etc. Your must have gone walk about at some point.

My distributor is an IAT-4405

Now a word of caution while a vacuum advance distributor will help mileage and drivability the vacuum cans are very expensive and NOT available new anywhere. I have bought a couple off eBay but there is variation so be careful. A few places offer a rebuild service for the cans but its not cheap and you have to have a can to rebuild.



Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: December 11, 2023, 11:29:37 AM »

I don't recall seeing any with vacuum advance.  I guess it could work - and down near the bottom in this article about the distributors:

https://cj3b.info/Tech/Distributor.html

it confirms what you state about them being on trucks, etc.  Same engine, so I can't think of why it wouldn't work.  I seem to recall reading somewhere questioning whether it was needed.
Posted by: farm1810
« on: December 10, 2023, 06:17:59 PM »

Hello all, I have an L-134 Supersonic from an early 50's Henry J.  It has a distributor with the mechanical advance.  Is there a L-134 distributor that has both mechanical and vacuum advance?  I may wish to change to the pickup - wagon - Jeepster vacuum distributor advance if not.  Ideas?