The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »

Welcome!
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »

Vincent,
The exterior surface looks just fine, and original for a late 3A.  The interior surface appears to have an extra skin.  Possibly added to strengthen it.  Actually, that's not a bad idea.

We should be able to see the stamped embossments on the interior surface.

Tim

Posted by: Vincent
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »

Quote
Nice.� From what I can see, it looks to be very complete under the hood.

The tail gate area looks a bit odd.� What's happening back there?

Tim
Tim, I don't know what you mean by odd, since this is the only one I have to go by, but there is basically nothing in the tub rear of the steering wheel.
Posted by: squidtone
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:21:38 PM »

Nice! I love seeing flatties with the windshields down. I also like how you can see how it sunk into the earth (dirt on tires). Mine did the same thing. Ahhh old neglected Jeeps. Good luck with it!
Posted by: Kirkski
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »

Looking good welcome!
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »

Nice.  From what I can see, it looks to be very complete under the hood.

The tail gate area looks a bit odd.  What's happening back there?

Tim
Posted by: Vincent
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »

1953. From what I have researched, it is one of the last made by Willys Overland before Kaiser bought the company.
Posted by: JeepFever
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:52:03 AM »

Hi there neighbor!� I live in Madison Co.

That looks like a nice starting point for a project.

I wonder if green, then painted white was a fad in this area?   ;D . .  Mine was originally tan,  then emerald green,  then white.

Your also appears to have a nice matching set of tires like mine.
Posted by: corpsman
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »

very cool!  welcome to the forum!  I've been to Culpeper years ago.  nice place.  (especially if you're into metal detecting)
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »

Welcome.

I like it.  It has a later style grill.  What year is it?

More photos please.

Tim
Posted by: Vincent
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Recently retired. My wife and I took an interest in this cj3a in a family member's "collection". He was happy to let us take it and start cleaning it up. I will start tinkering with it once this cold spell snaps.