The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Shark49
« on: June 10, 2023, 06:39:04 AM »

I found some I can mount instead but wanted to use the housing.  I think I found it.  PAR36 sealed beams are 4-1/2". maybe I can find a led version!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: June 06, 2023, 10:52:00 AM »

I've had a lot of luck finding bulbs just shopping around.  Never knew there were that many!

Seems Ron may be on a good path with suggestions.  I'm guessing that if you want an off-road light, then having it as bright as possible (no heat = LED) would be good. 

It'd be interesting to see what you end up with.
Posted by: Shark49
« on: June 06, 2023, 06:14:12 AM »

I bought a repop one off Ebay where the blackout cover is not glued to the light but rather a separate piece..  Im measuring about 4-3/8" inside
Posted by: Ron D
« on: June 04, 2023, 03:12:50 PM »

I have a blackout headlight on my M38.
The front face of the (sealed beam) blackout bulb is embossed 4-1/2 (inches).
I didn't take the retaining ring off, but it measures pretty close to 4-1/2 inches across.

A quick google search turned up lots of 4-1/2" sealed beam lights.
Wagner 4411 is 12V and 35W available at most any auto parts store for about $15
Sylvania H4411 is halogen 35W and 12V for about same price.

I also see some in 6V if that's what you need?
Looks like 4511 is the part number for 6V.

Most military blackout headlights are 24V.
Looks like 4578 is the part number for 24V.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: June 04, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »

Don't have one of these to even guess.  I had to "search" on the g503 forum and found out there are more than one style (some replacements even have LEDs).  Can you post a couple of images of the one you have?
Posted by: Shark49
« on: June 04, 2023, 08:41:22 AM »

I have a blackout light housing and the glass broke.  Id like to just fit a standard headlight into it and use it as an off-road light.  I know Ive seen it on here but all my searches come up empty.  Does anyone know what headlight/other fits in the ~5" housing?
-Thanks
Nate