The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Mytwojeeps2020
« on: October 02, 2022, 12:53:24 PM »

Another mystery solved!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: October 02, 2022, 12:08:39 PM »

Found another one.

This is a small “access way” to the engine, behind the hood catch on the driver’s side.

Could this be for the wiring for a blackout light?
 
  5FBCB895-8449-4703-8F66-A5E66CD458FC.jpeg (3062.15 kB, 2443x2156 - viewed 1 times.)
 
  4EE07821-3A18-4384-B623-6A4931A76CCC.jpeg (331.12 kB, 1063x1131 - viewed 1 times.)



from the M38A1 Restoration website:
http://www.m38a1.com/

An image that seems to confirm your conclusion:
http://www.m38a1.com/images/models/M170/m170_p.JPG
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:54:50 AM »

I have the same access way on my '55...

It also has the snorkel cutout in the hood with a corresponding indent on the fender ridge.

It sort of aligns with the horn mounted on the inside......maybe to allow for an external horn or siren wiring?

Someone will know....

Randy
Posted by: Mytwojeeps2020
« on: October 02, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »

Found another one.

This is a small “access way” to the engine, behind the hood catch on the driver’s side.

Could this be for the wiring for a blackout light?
Posted by: Mytwojeeps2020
« on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:24 AM »

Cool!

Learn something new every day!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: September 11, 2022, 09:48:35 PM »

I’m guessing that a lot of these body “things” came over from the military versions. But there’s a few I don’t get…

The long rectangular one on the hood, I’m guessing, is for a two battery access port, and the triangular one on the side is for a snorkel.

But what are these for (near the firewall, and driver rear)?



Bob's answers are to the point.  I'll add that you can literally spend hours/days sifting through all the information on the CJ3B Page and find all sorts of things.  It IS the CJ3B Page but Derek has expanded to show how much came together before the 3B, alongside and where things were headed later.  This included the military development as well (BTW, I'd never noticed the raised area for the rearview before!).

Look at these images and you'll see how these items appeared on the military version of your jeep:

https://cj3b.info/Siblings/MD.html

That could lead you down a whole different rabbit hole looking for more MD/M38A1 images
Posted by: Bob W
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:33:05 PM »

But what are these for (near the firewall, and driver rear)?

Rear view mirror mounting and top bow bracket.
Posted by: Mytwojeeps2020
« on: September 11, 2022, 06:08:17 PM »

I’m guessing that a lot of these body “things” came over from the military versions. But there’s a few I don’t get…

The long rectangular one on the hood, I’m guessing, is for a two battery access port, and the triangular one on the side is for a snorkel.

But what are these for (near the firewall, and driver rear)?