The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »

I dont know how much you paid it but it has a lot of value on. I really like the original side step, warn locking hub, koenig PTO winch, rear seat (2A or earlier), pintle hook, roll bar.

The only thing that I would change is the tailgate. I would prefer the willys stamped one.
Posted by: Brad
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »

Got the Jeep washed up.
Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »

Yep look nice but i doubt it�s original. The tailgate is not for sure. The rear seat look like a 2A or Mb.
But overall, look like a very nice willys.
Posted by: SteveW
« on: November 17, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »

Man that is nice. Steps and a rear seat.
Posted by: Brad
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:51 AM »

Pic on the tow truck.
Posted by: Brad
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »

She's out if her 10 year hibernation. Now for some CPR.
Posted by: Kirkski
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »

Welcome to the group, real nice Jeep, looking forward to the build
Posted by: scoutpilot
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »

[size=12]Welcome from North Carolina. Rule #1. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Rule #2. There is no limit to the number of questions you can ask. We're here to help, in any way we can.[/size][/b]
Posted by: JeepFever
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:12:21 AM »

.

Welcome from another newcomer to the page.� �It is cool to see one in such great condition.� Like others,� would love to see more photos.

The best thing about this one,� it has family history!� :)
Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »

Welcome! Nice jeep.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:29:17 PM »

Welcome Brad.� Your Willys appears to be in very nice condition.� Of course, we would all like to see more photos.

Regarding some of the parts you've listed...many vendors like Walcks, Kaiser Willys, Ron Fitzpatrick, Pete Debella have decent reproduction and some NOS (new old stock) parts.� Some reproduction rubber parts should be avoided if possible.� Unfortunately,� NOS rubber parts are hard to find in "like new" condition.� Unless well preserved, 70 year old rubbejr isn't pretty...even good old USA rubber.

You're probably not going to find a new Carter WO carburator.� If you do, it will be like discovering the Holy Grail.� You can have your existing Carter rebuilt to "like new" condition by a member here.� Look up ScoutPilot.� He does incredible work at a very reasonable price.

We're really glad to have you here.� Good luck with your Willys.� Keep us posted on your progress.

Tim
Posted by: Brad
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »

Hello from sunny California! "My" CJ3A was purchased new by my wife's grandfather in 1952. It was primarily used for hunting at first. It was also used as a farm vehicle for many years. It has been in storage for the last 8-10 years. This is the first car my father in law drove and the first car my wife drove. Lots of great stories beyond those I am sure.

The first time I saw it was about two weeks ago. Allegedly it ran when it was parked. It appears to be rust free, original, and complete...Except for the parts the rats consumed. I am planning to get it cleaned up and back on the road. While it is not my Jeep officially yet I think it will be by the time we are done. I definitely plan to keep it original. Tips for places to buy original parts at fair prices would be much appreciated. Tires, brakes, belts, hoses, plug wires, and a carb will be at the top of the list.

I look forward to this project with my father in law and hope my kids can take an interest too. It is coming to my house on Thursday! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully the engine turns over!

I am no stranger to old 4X4's and off-roading. I have owned my '75 Bronco for 23 years. I bought it when I was 16 and have way too much history with it to sell it. They will probably have to bury me in it. Other cars will come and go but the Bronco and the Jeep are definite keepers.