The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: July 26, 2022, 12:38:54 PM »

Sometimes I overthink things....

I'm going to purchase the locking cap. I'll put that on when the jeep isn't running, and swap it for the non-locking one when driving it.

Rus, I will test drive with the vented cap on and report back with the findings :)
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:01:05 PM »

Oh fantastic! Thank you,  sir!

Transfer case vent too, huh? Hmmm...
Posted by: Bob W
« on: October 12, 2021, 08:30:18 PM »

Sigh....looks like the line got cut by PO. Any idea how it's supposed to route?

The CJ-V35/U vent lines in detail.......
https://cj3a.info/sibling/cjv35u/v35vent.html
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: October 12, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »

Sigh....looks like the line got cut by PO. Any idea how it's supposed to route?
(and no, that is not a stock brake fluid reservoir ;) )
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »

I do have the original tank. Wasn't aware it was vented to the air filter (tho that makes sense!) I've been around the jeep,  don't recall seeing a line running between the two.  I'll double check when I can. 

As always Mr. W, your knowledge is appreciated!
Posted by: Bob W
« on: September 29, 2021, 08:29:16 PM »

I don't remember, do you have the original fuel tank in your CJ-V35? If so your gas cap does not need to be vented because the fuel tank is vented to the air filter.
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »

Will do!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: September 25, 2021, 10:56:36 AM »

If you do try it, please post what you find.
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »

It says it will fit, based on entering my vehicle on their site (but i think we all know how that goes...). Wasn't sure about the rest. Thanks for clarifying!
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:52:05 PM »

JON,
That cap does say it has both pressure and vacuum relief valves in the description.  What I can't tell is if it fits a jeep.  Were you able to confirm that?

I have one from back in the '70's (would need a lot of cleaning up) but haven't seen any lately.
Posted by: Marla.the.V35
« on: September 24, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »

I'm going to need a locking gas cap eventually due to the location the jeep will eventually reside.

Will this one from NAPA work?
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7031837?partTypeName=Fuel+Cap&impressionRank=3&keywordInput=locking+gas+cap&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_fO0xY3f2F8VonBrngMJDQk5_anVNh87AdS4V9i8bxOc-1632519510-0-gqNtZGzNAnujcnBszRI9

I know I need a vented cap, this one says it prevents evaporation, but I'm not sure that's the right way for the vent in the case of this jeep? If not this one, what is an acceptable locking cap?

TIA!