The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Chuck W.
« on: June 13, 2022, 10:49:19 AM »

As Rus says, the "T" handle brake that mounts flat to the dash would be much easier to install, and you don't need the extra dash-to-firewall brace.


 Or you might look at an early CJ5 parking brake setup:

Or something out of a 50's Chevy pickup:
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: June 13, 2022, 10:32:18 AM »

Could this be your post on the old forum???

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/viewtopic.php?p=45503#p45503


Regardless, these are some of the best options for you to get that handle up to a place where you can actually use it.

One thing I'll add since I see your dash has that odd "instrument cluster" panel similar to M38 or the Mitsubishi jeep.  Are you comfortable with welding or have a welder nearby to assist?  Maybe contacting Harry Sheets, http://www.midwestwillys.com/ , and ask him if he has a partial or full instrument panel (complete with separate instruments) available.  He'll also have the brace under the instrument panel too.  Then you'll have options of either attaching the dimple or replacing the whole dash.
Posted by: PES
« on: June 12, 2022, 09:42:58 PM »

What have others done to install the cane-type parking brake handle when using a replacement body?

I replaced my 1959 CJ3b body many years ago because the old one was too badly rusted.  The replacement body did not have the inclined parking brake handle opening pressed into the dash and I did not remove the old dash. I rigged it, poorly, but it does work and it got it through inspection but after moving I will need to go through a new inspection and I would like a more solid setup. I would appreciate any other's experiences with this and suggestions for a better solution.