The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Tchara
« on: June 04, 2022, 08:19:43 AM »

Thanks for all the great information. I already purchased the hinges, without knowing I needed the plates. I found a set on Ebay for 65.00, but I would have to buy the hinges too. I'm going to take the one I have, and try to fabricate one before I blow money for new hinges I already have.
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: June 02, 2022, 11:13:02 PM »

From what I've seen so far, there is a plate between the bracket and the side of the cowl.  Like 1955CJ-5 shows and describes, it has grooves, or teeth, that lock into the backside of the bracket.

I looked at two vendors, Walck's and KW, and neither showed this part. 

It is: # 671015, Plate, tapping, windshield pivot bracket.

An image for reference:
https://www.willysjeepparts.com/M38_Windshield.htm

Another option for getting this part, Harry Sheets, http://www.midwestwillys.com/

Attch below two examples:
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: June 02, 2022, 07:48:27 PM »

This is the best picture I have right now.....but there appears to be a spacer, (or maybe a nut plate?)  in there.....

Or maybe you are asking about the backing plate? It has the grooves in it that allow for adjustment of the hinge/windshield frame....anyway, it's all part of the hinge assembly.

Posted by: Tchara
« on: June 02, 2022, 05:08:00 PM »

Hi all!
I ordered Windshield Hinges for my CJ3a. i noticed after receiving them, the original hinge on the drivers side has a spacer behind the hinge. The passenger side was missing when I bought it. I'm wondering if that spacer is original, or placed there. The web site from which I ordered the hinges, do not list any spacers. I can probably manufacture one easy enough, but not sure if this spacer is required or not.