The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: derekredmond
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:02:45 PM »

For what it's worth, there is a setting on the server that I use for CJ3B.info, which instructs it to send all HTTP requests to HTTPS instead, so there can be no unsecured connections.

Derek
Posted by: athawk11
« on: June 13, 2020, 09:38:17 PM »

I see "https" ... and do not see. "Not secure".

I did not say to click on the link in my post.  I gave instructions to "copy" the link then paste it  in your browser.  This should give you a secure connection. 

Then make a desktop link once the site is open. 

Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: June 13, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »

Yep, I don't see the post from Oldtime.
Posted by: SteveKfl
« on: June 13, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

FYI... Here's what I see reading the OT post...  https://cj3apage.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4713.0
Posted by: oldtime
« on: June 13, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »

Tim’s link showed to be secure for a couple times but it is not secure at this time on my end.
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: June 13, 2020, 06:23:07 PM »

For what it's worth, the 3A page still says "Not Secure" to the left of the address in the address bar.   I am not quite understanding how you can say it is secure when my computer says it is not.  Am I the only one seeing this??? 

And, yes, I am using the same address as Tim posted previously.  In fact, if you click on his link it also says "Not Secure".  Maybe this is related to the blank posts that many of us are seeing???
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: May 30, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »

Tom,
Copy then paste this link into your browser, then create a new desktop icon...

https://cj3apage.com/Forum/index.php

That is the link I use, Tim.  It is better now in that it says it is "partially secure" after getting Pascal's message.  I see it has the "https" so I will assume that is the best it can be.  I believe the drop down message when you click on the padlock just means they have no control over people loading "corrupted" photos or links. 
Posted by: SteveKfl
« on: May 30, 2020, 08:37:13 AM »

One of my pleasures of working on Willys Jeeps is "no computer involvement". Just mechanical.  I love the simplicity.
The link I use daily to eWillys is just   www.ewillys.com  Now I see it is not an "encrypted secure site".  Oops.
Posted by: oldtime
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:53:33 AM »

I had same problem as Tom.
Kinda hard for some of us to figure out computer quirks on our own.
About a month ago I refreshed my links via web search and most of my Jeep links are not secure.

Anyone have the secure link for MWP , My Willys Pics.
While we’re at it I also need secure links to EWillys and ECJ5 and Cj3b info.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »

Tom,
Copy then paste this link into your browser, then create a new desktop icon...

https://cj3apage.com/Forum/index.php
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:17 PM »

Interesting.  Now it is showing as "partially secure". 
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:40:41 PM »

Not sure I understand this comment, Pascal.  How do I do this exactly?
Posted by: Forum Master
« on: May 29, 2020, 09:38:46 PM »

The 3A website is actually secure.

You need to update all of our link (shortcut) to https.

Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:19:57 AM »

Now I'm no computer genius, but after having some issues with my computer the last few weeks, the computer guy impressed upon me the importance of only visiting "secure sites".  They are identified by the little padlock at the left of the address bar or "https" as a prefix to the web page address that I am on. 

We discovered that my old friend the "CJ3A page" that stays open in a tab on my browser is not a secure site.  It even says "not secure" to the left in the address bar.  All the other sites I visit are secure sites including the CJ2A page. 

So my question to the 3A Admin....why isn't this website secured?  I would be willing to pony up a contribution if that is what is holding us back in doing this.  Thank you!