The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Orig Equipment
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »

The Website is good, placed my order and the patterns are on the way!  Thanks Rus.
That tight steer system he has to take the play out of the Ross steering box looked interesting.
Thanks for all your help, I will post photos when I get my boots made!

Jeff Thomas
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: May 17, 2020, 12:52:53 AM »

He's got them on his website.  I'd not been to this website in a looong time. 

https://siminoffjeeparts.com/

Click on the "Shop" link at the top.  You'll see the plans there.

Good luck.
Posted by: Orig Equipment
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:00 PM »

Thanks man.
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: May 16, 2020, 09:55:50 PM »

Jeff,
I sent him a PM.  The timer is ticking.......
Posted by: Orig Equipment
« on: May 16, 2020, 08:16:39 PM »

Rus:
Sorry to be a newbie, I hit the link you sent me and since I am only a member of this page, I could not personal message JeepRoger. I guess I join the 2A forum, but I don't think I will be picking up a 2A anytime soon.  Do you have an email that I could use to contact him or you could give him mine jefflaw@bainterlaw.com and have him shoot me an email so I can get the patterns from him.
I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks  Jeff T.
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »

Cool!
Posted by: Orig Equipment
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »

Rus,
Many thanks, that is the exact thread I was remembering.  The 54OB does not even have a scrape left of the boots.  Have not tried to take the knobs off yet, but I can sure hear that transmission sing without boots on.  Thanks for digging that up for me.  I will let everyone know how they turn out!

Jeff Thomas
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:20:27 PM »

Orig Equipment,

For your entertainment:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/viewtopic.php?p=44412#p44412
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/t-case-shifter-boot-replacement-t2705-s10.html


and the one that takes you to the 2A thread with the patterns:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/viewtopic.php?p=29492#p29492

just in case, the direct link:
https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/shift-boot-drawings_topic23205.html

Ken found some on Ebay, and other vendors like Beachwood and KW has some.   I really kinda like the idea of making one.  BTW, I read a thread over there where one guy cut a hole in two fingers of a leather glove to make a boot. 

HTH
Posted by: Orig Equipment
« on: May 15, 2020, 09:30:42 PM »

A while back on the old 3B page, there was a thread about taking shifter knobs off and a general discussion about the quality of rubber shifter boots.  Down in the thread, (which I can't find now) someone said they knew of or had a pattern to make canvas boots. Does anyone remember this?  I would like to get in touch with the person and could I get a set of those canvas patterns?

Thanks  Orig Equipment