The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: SteveKfl
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:21:51 AM »

This is what I inherited from a PO that didn't use them and tried to "fix it"???  There were air gaps in the cracks that made it pop at idle.   Then are "my fix" pics.  I would suggest using new exhaust AND intake gaskets and checking surface matchups 'before' cranking down on those ears.   
Posted by: Bob W
« on: June 03, 2020, 08:00:23 PM »

The shape of the washer helps to compensate for the possibility of different height manifold clamping surfaces from one side to the other.
Posted by: Vincent
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »

I recently came across a post on Facebook about installing the manifolds, and someone said "don't forget the tapered washers for the manifold studs". I could not find any mention of these in the service or parts manuals. I searched most website parts places and found them only at KaiserWillys. They are called "Exhaust Manifold special tapered washer" for the 4-134 L engine.  This is the first I have heard of these, and needless to say, I did not use them.  Does anybody else know about these and their purpose?