The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Lee
« on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »

Wow nice picture. We had a great time at the FCT as well!. Nice to meet you folks, I am planning to return.

Lee ;)
Posted by: Bob W
« on: October 12, 2014, 06:24:22 PM »

That sure was a lot of fun  :)
Posted by: Oilleaker1
« on: October 12, 2014, 05:13:47 PM »

Great shot Tom! Thanks, it sure captured the moment! John
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: October 12, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »

Thank you, John for your kind words - Sparky and Annie are blushing!� I got a good shot of you and Carol coming down Tincup Pass with Tim right behind you but am having trouble resizing the photo to post here.� Hope to see you next year!


Well, looks like it might come through now...
Posted by: Oilleaker1
« on: October 11, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »

Tom, yes, I wish next weekend (dreaming) to return and see you all again! Tim, Bob and all, it was great to meet you and best of all----Jeep with you. Tom's dogs were the best behaved and pleasant dogs I've seen in a while. Tim had his Bostons there too. All was fun.  I think the pictures posted by Tim say it all. How often do see that many jeeps driven to the top of the world? Next year! Again! John
Posted by: athawk11
« on: October 08, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

The shock of being back at work is torturous.  I'm still dreaming of this FCT experience.

Tim
Posted by: johnrb3b
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »

Me.
Though it isn't that I wish I were still back there as I couldn't go.
But I do wish I were there now. My dream is to retire to Colorado. Sadly, it will remain only a dream. Sigh.
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:41:45 PM »

Some good pics there, Tim!� Is it just me or does anybody else wish they were still back in Nathrop, jeeping into the sunset?� Next year I guess.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »

This is a great group of guys.� All are participants here at the 3A Page.� It was great to see some familiar faces...and meeting and making some new friends.

Thanks to you all for making this the best FCT yet.


Here are a few more photos.















Tim
Posted by: Bob W
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:46:42 PM »

I'm stealing Jpets photo here........



RedWilly, Athawk11, jpet, Bruce W, Tom Fitch (front), Oilleaker1, Lee (MN), Bob W.
Posted by: johnrb3b
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »

I met Mike in Effingham and had a fairly long, very enjoyable talk with him about his electric M38. He even let me drive it. That was a hoot! If you get a chance to meet him, do it. He's a great guy.

His show and tell at the reunion was especially well organized and presented. Even though I already knew much of the story, I was not bored. He's an engaging and entertaining speaker.

I have a special interest in electric cars, been following development over the last two or three decades so MIke's story really has captured my interest.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »

Tom, that's great. It does look like the weather may be a little damp early in the week.

John, George,
Mike seems to be one of those really enthusiastic Willys guys.� I may be going out on a limb, but I think he would keep doing this until the Willys brethren looses interest...and that isn't very likely. :)

It will be fun meeting you both during future events...even if they aren't in Colorado.

Tim
Posted by: Tumbleweed
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »

I hope he is too! Just got my engine back today from the rebuilders - stupid work thing is getting in the way of having fun these days. I am working a printing show in Chicago that week. Since I don't have my CJ ready for the road it is a little easier to bear.


As usual me and hundreds of others will be eagerly scanning the pictures that jpet sends out and all we can do is be there in spirit. 2015 is already on my reserved list for Colorado and in particular meeting a great group of people.

Posted by: johnrb3b
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »

I hope you're still doing it in 2016.
I may be able to come then.
I hope.
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »

The plan is to leave here Monday am.  I guess if it is pouring, I may have to push that back a day.  I see you are coming in Wed. and no matter what, I will be there by then.  Not sure how long I'll stay.  Depends a little on the weather.  Have a great trip up, see you Wed!