The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: ventport
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »

The Harrison heater is almost the same as a 49-50 Chev pickup truck heater.  The Chev has an extra blower mounted on the front for the defroster.  I also had a heater that matched the first one pictured.  I am sure it is an aftermarket item.
Posted by: Austin
« on: January 18, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »

Skip,
That little leaver opens and closes a vent that blows directly out. The other vent blows on your feet.
Posted by: specialty
« on: January 17, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »

Quote
Quote
Hi Austin,
The second photo is the "factory approved" Harrison heater.� I'm not sure if the is heater would have been installed at the factory, a dealership, or as a package for self installation.

The first heater...I don't know what it is, but there are numerous styles of heaters in 3As that are not factory approved and could have been added at any time in the history of the Willys.� It's cool though.

Tim
Mine has a Harrison also. I think these were a option on the 3A. From what I have read if you have one hang on to it because they are becoming extinct.
Posted by: Skip
« on: January 16, 2016, 12:03:06 AM »

What's that lever on the left of the fins?

Skip
Posted by: Austin
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »

Quote
Hi Austin,
The second photo is the "factory approved" Harrison heater.� I'm not sure if the is heater would have been installed at the factory, a dealership, or as a package for self installation.

The first heater...I don't know what it is, but there are numerous styles of heaters in 3As that are not factory approved and could have been added at any time in the history of the Willys.� It's cool though.

Tim
Posted by: Austin
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:36:46 PM »

This is my heater. I put a new blower motor in it that I found at at at autozone for $18. It really puts out the heat now. I had to turn the bower off a couple times tonight because it was getting too hot I the cab!
Posted by: Bruce_W
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »

   I have nearly a dozen heaters that came out of MB's, GPW's, CJ2-A's, CJ3A's, CJ3B's, and early CJ5's. No two are the same, and none are correct for any of the jeeps mentioned. One of them is similar to the one in the first picture.  BW
Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:08 PM »

Hi Austin,
The second photo is the "factory approved" Harrison heater.  I'm not sure if the is heater would have been installed at the factory, a dealership, or as a package for self installation.

The first heater...I don't know what it is, but there are numerous styles of heaters in 3As that are not factory approved and could have been added at any time in the history of the Willys.  It's cool though.

Tim
Posted by: Austin
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »

The 3a had this heater which is what I would like to have used but unfortunately the sheet metal was rusted up really bad.
Posted by: Austin
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:36:35 PM »

I pulled my heater of my 3a today because the blower motor went out. I raided my 2 other parts jeeps trying to find a good blower motor and found that my two other jeeps (2a and a 3a) each had a different heater. Apparently I have 3 different heaters. My parts jeeps have the heaters on the passenger side and my good jeep has the heater on the driver side. I found this picture on the internet which is the same heater I have. Does anyone else have this heater or is this just a aftermarket heater someone added. I couldn't find a tag on it.

I found that this heater has a vent on the top which opens and closes. It blows up behind the dash which I guess is some type of defroster.