The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: PaulS
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:42:18 PM »

Okay, never mind.  Hawk solved the problem for me on the CJ2A forum.

Turns out there was a steel ring that was part of the old mount that was still there...  ::)


Posted by: PaulS
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

I think the only help I need now is getting the large donut into the ring on the cross member.  Anyone done this?  If so, how?

Thanks,

-Paul
Posted by: PaulS
« on: July 02, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »

Okay, I said I'd have some simple questions...  Here's a couple more.  (And I checked my pictures before posting this time, but no luck there.)

I bought the engine/tranny mount kit at Walcks.  The engine mounts are obvious.

I know the big donut goes in the circle on the cross member.  But how is it installed?  (I remember getting the old one out, but it was 65 year old rubber and I didn't care if I destroyed it!)  Is there a trick to getting it in?  And which way is up?

The rectangular one with the two studs.  It's pretty clear from the holes in the cross member where it goes.  Does the side with the two dents point forward?

Where do the little donut and the special bolt go?

Thanks,

-Paul