The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: macrisel
« on: January 27, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »

Check out this thread:
http://www.cj3apage.com/cgi-bin/3Ayabb26/YaBB.pl?num=1407530068/6#6

Some great photos and tips on transmission installs...including the fork install which is hard any way you do it.  I have had times where it snaps into place like it was on magnets.  Other times I cussed at it for hours on end and had some above and below the jeep with two midgets laying on the tcase trying to get the fork in...
Posted by: terryb
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:29:02 PM »

ok guys,  i've got the tranny bolted to the transfer case and its up under the jeep. I have the tip of the main input shaft started in the splined hole of the flywheel.  My question is,  is there a secrete or trick in installing the control lever for the clutch release bearing?  I've tried once only to drop it in the bottom of the bell housing.  I'm hoping I don't have to remove the bell housing to do this.
Thanks again for all the great help....
Posted by: terryb
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »

ok guys,  i've got the tranny bolted to the transfer case and its up under the jeep. I have the tip of the main input shaft started in the splined hole of the flywheel.  My question is,  is there a secrete or trick in installing the control lever for the clutch release bearing?  I've tried once only to drop it in the bottom of the bell housing.  I'm hoping I don't have to remove the bell housing to do this.
Thanks again for all the great help....
Posted by: macrisel
« on: January 18, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »

X3 on installing as one unit and using a transmission jack.  Even if you get a cheaper one from Harbor Freight it is definately worth it.  Try and get one that lets you articulate the transmission side to side and front to back indepently.  Makes the install so much easier.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »

borrow or rent a tranny jack. You will be glad you did. It takes all the strain out of putting the tranny in.
Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »

Definitely easier reinstalling as one unit.
Posted by: terryb
« on: January 16, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

Hey guys, hope your new year is going great.  I have a question I want to throw out there.  I just finished my transmission rebuild and I'm ready to reinstall it.  I removed the tranny and transfer case as one unit so should it go back the same or is it easier to install the tranny first and then install the transfer case.
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Terry B :)