The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Lee
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »

MHO, I would go with the crankshaft driven pump, here is why. The belt driven pump is self contained and would not have enough oil capacity to operate the Monroe lift cylinder, this could be overcome but not worth the time if you have a c/s driven pump, also the b/d pump has not as much flow as the c/s pump so your lift would be very slow.

Lee ;)
Posted by: Holdmybeer
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:37:20 AM »

That should hAve said lift controller.  I've got to learn to preview.
Posted by: Holdmybeer
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »

Hey thanks Ryan.   What about the pumps?  Do you know how their outputs compare? If I have to run a line to the front cylinder, I could the use the lift not roller for a front plow, wouldn't you think?
Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »

When I first got my 3A it had an oil filter mounted on the inside of the right fender just beneath the clamp for the heater hoses. This was done to make room for a Monarch pump.

I'm not sure exactly how it was plumbed as the motor had been swapped and the oil filter was not reconnected to the replacement motor. All of this was done before I owned it. I'm not even sure the oil filter ever successfully functioned in this location but it might be something to think about.

Posted by: Holdmybeer
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:41 AM »

Fellow Jeep fans, I'm looking for opinions, advice and experiences regarding the best set up for incorporating both Meyer Snow Plow and Monroe Lift set ups on a '53 3A.� Both have all original parts.� �One has the crankshaft driven pump and the other the Monarch fan belt driven pump. My questions are; Can one or the other pump be used for both applications, or do I have to use both?� If I can get away with just one, which is best?� �If the Monarch pump is preferred, where would I move the Fram oil filter to?� �The space ahead of the carb is taken by a governor.� I thought maybe the left fender behind the horn, but am concerned its efficiency might be compromised by it having to lay on an angle.� First world problems, I know, but what is the optimal approach?� � Thanx!� Quentin