The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: ZekeD
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »

Here is what I used for a hand wiper.....� ;D
Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: April 30, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »

I got a new one from Walck's.

Here is the difference between a new repro 2A and an original 3A.

I don't have much left of the threaded part on my old one but it does look the same length as the 2A.

I will take the easiest way and lenghtened the new one.
Posted by: SteveZ
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:18 AM »

Quote
Mac,

I bought the repro hand wiper for the 2A and did what you did...added to the length of the arm so it reaches the 3A windshield.� I looked through my Photobucket stuff, but couldn't find any real good close ups of the hand wiper.� Here is one of the inside.

If Nate's link didn't get you what you're hoping for, let me know and I'll snap a few close ups tonight when I get home.

Tim



 


Not to derail the OP but wow! What a beautiful dash! It looks perfect!
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »

 Here's a pic of the hand wiper I made from M38 vacuum parts, the handle ends in a ring that goes over the shaft that holds the wiper, I bought a brass fitting (hardware store part) that I put between the handle and base,  I had to size the fitting carefully as the length of the fitting is what controls the pressure on the windshield from the wiper spring. 



If you look close you can see where I drilled the handle and the shaft to insert a pin, its got the blue silicone on it to keep the pin in place.
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »

Hey guys, when I did mine I took apart a vacuum wiper that was worn out, I believe it was from an M38, it had most of the parts in it that you need to do this, the handle is the right length and the shaft through the windshield is right as well.  I did have to drill a hole in the shaft to pin it.  I'll get some pics out Sunday.
Gun
Posted by: macrisel
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:34 PM »

Tim, that is what I'm running into is the treaded portion being too short.  I'll try it with just a washer on the inside and if I'm not satisfied I'll go back and weld on a longer thread.  My hand wiper was an OEM part, but my windshield is a repro and I'm wondering if that is playing into things.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

Pascal,
I actually like the way Nate's handle is positioned.  I think I'll head home and change mine to match. 

Mac,  I didn't add a washer, but I did dab a bit of grease on it. The threaded part is pretty short.  The repro is really designed for a 2A.  Maybe the mounting surface on the 2A is a thinner than the 3A?

Tim
Posted by: macrisel
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:16 PM »

Thanks guys!  I see the washer on the inside, but is there one on the outside also?  It seems that if there wasn't one there also, the wiper would dig into the paint...
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:47:26 PM »

When I took mine off the 3B, the handle was on the same side as the blade. I thought it just looked better this way.
Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »

Thank for the suggestion Nate.

Now by seeing your pics Tim and Nate, i am asking which way is the proper one? On Tim pics, the blade is at the same side as the handle but on Nate pics the blade is at the opposite of the handle.
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »

Pascal, if you want, you can send that to me and I can save it for you. The wiper blade is easy. grind off the rivet and order a new one from Walcks.
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »

Now that I'm on my computer, here are the pics. This one actually came from a 3B. It is the same as the one for a 3A.

I  used two reproductions on the Jalopy and the fitment was less than desirable. The nuts did catch for me.



Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »

This might be my next thing that I will buy...I have the original one but I can't figure out how to save it.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:03:34 PM »

Mac,

I bought the repro hand wiper for the 2A and did what you did...added to the length of the arm so it reaches the 3A windshield.� I looked through my Photobucket stuff, but couldn't find any real good close ups of the hand wiper.� Here is one of the inside.

If Nate's link didn't get you what you're hoping for, let me know and I'll snap a few close ups tonight when I get home.

Tim



Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:36:02 PM »

Mark, check my build thread of my 49. I posted some pics of the original I put in it.