The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

Thanks to you all, I will overcome !!!!
Posted by: macrisel
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »

Like Carl, the past owner of my jeep rigged my generator bracket also........and cut the front plate to make the change.  I had to fab spacers to get everything lined back up.

Hang in there, you're not alone!
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »

The past owner of my Jeep put a 12v system in but misaligned the pulleys. To fix it I just fabricated my own bracket. It wasn't easy but it is correct now.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »




A.� 5-7/8"� �overall length
B.� 2-9/16" from the back of bracket to outer most edge. There is a slight radius on the end.
C.� 1-1/4"� �tall
D.� 1/4"� �� �steel thickness
E.� 1"� �� �� �Tube outside diameter

1-1/2" -from back of bracket to center of tube

I can't tell you what the inside diameter of the tube is because I'm all together now, but you could measure the grommet for this information.

Tim
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »

Anybody out there have the dimensions for the original generator bracket?  I converted The jeep to twelve volt and had to use a universal bracket, as usual one size fits all really means one size fits nothing!  I've messed with it several times and can't seem to get closer than about one half inch from in line with the pump pulley.  To make things more interesting I can't locate my old bracket >:(

So the plan is to build a new bracket that fits the motor like the original and fits the new alternator like it should.  Dims and pics would be great.  Thanks gents,
Gun