The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »

AZ,
Nice piece of info.  Thanks for the link.

Tim
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »

Quote
Looking through my notes I found this from (probably) an earlier posting. Measurements from Beachwood Canvas Works that might help . . .

www.cj3apage.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/Bracket_Measurements.pdf

That is excellent....so based on the diagram the bracket on my passenger side is too far back by 1/8"... the driver side is correct...
Posted by: Birddog7
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »

AZJeepNut, Thats what I needed a visual aid for this frozen mine. Thanks much for finding this and posting.
Warm is when you can still have feeling in your hands and feet with your gloves and boots on. 
Posted by: AZJeepNut
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »

Looking through my notes I found this from (probably) an earlier posting. Measurements from Beachwood Canvas Works that might help . . .

www.cj3apage.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/Bracket_Measurements.pdf
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:42:52 PM »

warm? what's "warm"?
Posted by: Birddog7
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »

1955CJ-5, Tim thanks much for the measurements. Will keep posted . Now if it just warm up
Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

Hi Birddog,
My measurements are very close to Randy's.� 39 1/2" on driver side, 39 1/4" on passenger side.� Funny thing is, I got 3 1/4" from the front of the wheel house to the base of the bracket on both driver and passenger side.� I did have to weld one of them back on, but I don't remember which.� �They both angle slightly toward the rear.� Perhaps one angles a bit more than the other.

The painting is on hold while the chassis gets fixed up, but it will be that beautiful Florentine Yellow.� Thanks again.

Tim
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »

My middle top bow brackets, the square ones on the top of the wheel house, are 39 1/2" from the dash and 3 1/4" from the front edge of the wheel house. The dash measurement is to the top of the bracket, while the wheelhouse measurement is to the base of the bracket. The one on the passenger side was more like 39 5/8" from the dash. One of them was loose and i re-installed it, probably the passenger side. I wouldn't take these numbers as absolute as i did a lot of panel replacement..but the dash is original!
Posted by: Birddog7
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »

Thanks Athawk11, I found the brackets at Walcks that are shown in your pic. Just need to figure out where everything goes.
Did you ever get the wife's Willys painted?
Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »

Birddog,
Here is a photo of the lower door channel.� It's the best one I could find.�

I can take the measurements of the top bow brackets when I get home tonight.

Tim

Posted by: Birddog7
« on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »

Bump, does anybody have these measurement for the middle top bow brackets. Also any pic somebody would have of the brackets that run down below the window frame which hold the door frame I believe. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Birddog7
Posted by: Birddog7
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »

Need assistance in locating middle top bow bracket for my 3A. I think they are suppose to be 28 1/2 inches from the dash or 3 1/2 or 3 1/4 inches from the wheel housing edge. Also the bracket needs to tilt back 3 degrees.I think I have the footman loops figured out except for the ones behind the seats for the half top. I copied the CJ2A page footman loop drawing. They should be the same around the edge of the tub.
Thanks
Birddog