The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: athawk11
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

I'm a Permatex 2 guy.

Tim
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »

Live on the edge!

I've also used Permatex #14a Thread sealant. But it really requires a primer activator or it takes forever to set. I used it on the two end manifold studs that penetrate the water jacket...it worked though, no more seeping.....

Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:02:50 PM »

That Gasoila looks like pretty good stuff, however, I can't get it locally and I'm not excited to wait for yet another mail order item to arrive. I'm running wild and going with Permatex 2.
Posted by: 1955CJ-5
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:20 AM »

I used Permatex #2...same as on the gaskets....
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:32 AM »

I use white pipe dope with teflon for all bolts that may have oil seeping through. It doesn't get hard, but stays soft so pieces won't break off and get where it shouldn't.

I use gasoila.

Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »

I've torn down both a tranny and transfer case and am preparing for reassembly. What is the preferred product used to seal the threads of the bolts going into the cases of each? I have roughly 37 different varieties of thread sealants. Unfortunately, none of them say "USE THIS ON THE T-90" on the package. I've done this before but can't remember what I used or whether or not it was even the right stuff.

Suggestions? Thanks.