The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: ranchhopper
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »

Thanks for the link Im going to buy one this week.
Posted by: maximushuntermus
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:39 PM »

I too was just looking into this swap below is a note I recieved from them hope it helps.

Hi Jesse Cool... an old Jeep ... IAD4008 uses # 2541 $94.95 Matching coil 40511 $29.95 links below Both in stock can ship today.. http://pertronix.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/102203/2541 http://pertronix.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/116621/40511
Posted by: turkehunt
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:06:23 AM »

I swapped mine out on my 53   8-)   It worked out great / also got a "Flame Thrower " coil  !
   I got both from Quadratech        Hope this helps you out !


       "Keep Your Powder Dry"
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »

No, sorry, I don't have it. If you go on pertronix's web site, you can easily find it though.
Posted by: Kenny_Kustom
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »

Anyone have a part number ?
Posted by: Dennisanvil
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:08 PM »

after rereading my post i was wrong you cant  use the dust cap. my bad .
dennis
Posted by: ranchhopper
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

Thats what I like to hear I will end up doing the swap after getting the tub and frame cleaned up and painted.
Posted by: Dennisanvil
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:47:04 AM »

i put pertronics on my 48 and use the cap that came with the jeep. it work great.
dennisanvil
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »

I did it on my '53 and love it. I also got the coil from them too. The square grommet that comes on the wires is a PITA. I cut it off and used a small round one. You can't use the stock dust cap either.
Posted by: ranchhopper
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »

I was thinking about installing a pertronics electronic ignition in my distributor and doing away with the points and condenser style ignition. I have used them in old chevy trucks and they seemed to work well I was wondering if anyone here has gone that route its a pretty easy conversion.