The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Jesse
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »

So that is a jeep part, interesting. I have one just like it and it did come from a 2a. Never wondered if it was factory until you said something

-Jesse
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »

Yes, that would be it! Except mine was black with a chrome handle and a green light. I've never seen another on a Jeep. I really like the way they look with the curved handle versus a straight one like the new turn signal units for these.

Do you know how many times I took that damn thing apart to get it working? More than I can count on my hands...
Posted by: Bob W
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »

That looks like a Guide 6002. Uncle Vin and I were just talking about these turn signal switches the other day. They appear in the 1949 Willys Approved Accessory brochure. Here's a photo of the Guide 6002 that Uncle Vin sent me.

Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »

Since Carl brought up turn signals, it reminded me to ask this question about factory turn signals. I got this junk early 3B that had a factory turn signal unit on it. I know it was factory because the wiring for it was cloth and was built right into the harness. I ended up using it on my '53 because it still worked and looks awesome. Anyways, would anyone know what brand it is? I have never seen anything remotely like it. There are no marking on it either. I can get a better picture tomorrow.