Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »Carl,
Grab a cup of coffee, settle in, and read through this thread on the 2A page. �Time wise, this was about when I was filling my cases with the GL-5 MT-1.
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/correct-transmission-fluid_topic19422.html
There is some pretty good information. �Carl will probably remember this discussion. �According to SamCJ2A, he has a 'vintage' Willys manual that calls for 'mineral oil'. �My new bottle of gear oil from NAPA says 'Mineral Oil /GL-1' right on the label.
Happy reading!!
Tim
Grab a cup of coffee, settle in, and read through this thread on the 2A page. �Time wise, this was about when I was filling my cases with the GL-5 MT-1.
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/correct-transmission-fluid_topic19422.html
There is some pretty good information. �Carl will probably remember this discussion. �According to SamCJ2A, he has a 'vintage' Willys manual that calls for 'mineral oil'. �My new bottle of gear oil from NAPA says 'Mineral Oil /GL-1' right on the label.
Happy reading!!

Tim

� I am not an expert...and my findings will likely do very little to sway what you might believe, but for me, this argument is OVER.