The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »

Ditto what the rocket said, I would also add that the foriegn ones are metric thread.  Just seems wrong to put metric threads on an American icon
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:58 PM »

I got mine from Walcks. American made. Do not get any of the foreign made ones, they dry out, get brittle, and crack.

Larry
Posted by: F Bill
« on: July 08, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »

On a driver I would have no problem with having a good hose made up locally. The 90/no 90 issue will probably be  a cost vs time deal...Simpler to repair with straight ends, and cheaper custom hose with straight as well.

Too many imported oil lines have blown out over the years, with predictable messses, altho most guys have caught it in time to save the motor....And NOS lines would scare me if you could source them.  I have seen a lot of jeeps with Aeroquip/Stainless lines, which look out of place but they won't give you any problem for a LONG long time...I suppose if the stainless looks too garish you could wrap it with shrink tubing or wire loom. If you wanted a stock line, I would go with a reputable vendor and ask them if their current stock has ever had a problem like the ones a couple years back did. If it says OMIX or CROWN on the box I wouldn't use it.

I don't believe I could recommend any metal lines in that position, as the vibration is going to crack them eventually. That said, I have steel tubing on my DJ3A as it was the quickest fix when the previous owner's steel line modification cracked and split. I really need to do something about that before I put that one on the road...
Posted by: Shalka04
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »

So I wanted to see what everybody was using or had thoughts on with regards to the oil supply issue.  I've seen alot of people go with premade hoses from a place like Walck's.  I've also seen alot of people run simple copper tube, any feel for which is the best?  And if the flexible lines are the best, is getting them with straight males on both ends optimal?  I was thinking about having hydrolic hoses made up in town and atleast on the one that goes to the bottom of the filter, getting them to sub in a male 90 instead of adding the brass fitting seperately.

Thanks for the input.

-John