The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »

Those look great. Interesting website too. That guy has a little bit of everything.
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

I got a set of repro plates from here: http://rdrnl.home.xs4all.nl/4UWPIntro2.html They are exact copies from what I could tell. I compared them between my all original '49 3A and I couldn't notice anything different.

In both pics, the top ones are the cheap repops and the bottom ones are the ones I got from dataplates4you.



Posted by: racer 1
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Thanks All!  Figured Bob would be the guy on this one.  ;)

 Dan  
Posted by: Bob W
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »

Probably a typo. The original title application was handwritten and the number "1" looked like the letter "J". The serial number probably should be 451-GB1 15983
Posted by: racer 1
« on: May 05, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »

Here's how it appears on the title:

 ï¿½ �451GBJ1 5983

Not sure how the Tag should look? � 451-GBJ �15983 �?

The J doesn't make any sense to me from what I've seen here. � �Does the Truck or Wagon have a J listed like that?

 Normally it would be 451-GB1 � �xxxxx �by all the lists?

Any thoughts Bob?

 ï¿½ �Dan
Posted by: racer 1
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »

Tim,

 Thanks for the photos!  I knew about the numbering deal but wasn't sure about the engraving with the 51 series.   My title says 451-GBJ1-xxxxx    Not sure why the title has the J listed in the second series?

  Maybe our experts can clue me in?  Maybe titled off the original engine #????

  Dan
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »

Thanks Ryan! I might have to get a set to make my '53 look even better!
Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »

His name is Robert Dudkowski. You can find him on ebay, seller name is "lt.horne". I just checked and he doesn't have anything currently listed but if you check the completed listings you'll see a bunch of stuff. I paid $24.99 +$6.00 shipping for the ID plate. He engraved my original serial number on it, which I think may have cost a few extra bucks. I also later e-mailed him directly and bought the long dash plate - the one with the shift pattern diagrams on it. That cost $52.99 including shipping but is so much better than the US made one I bought. Heavy gauge metal and raised lettering just like my original. Both took about 6 weeks to arrive but well worth the wait. Nothing against Kaiser Willys, but the one I bought from them was a cheap looking screen print thing. The style was not even close to correct and even the font was wrong. Worth the extra money for the authentic looking one IMHO.
Posted by: CJPilot
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »

Ryan �Could you share the contact info and cost for the repo ID plate. �Mine is a sad looking thing.

Thanks

Steve
Posted by: athawk11
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

Hey D,
You may know this, but the 1950 plate only has : �CJ-3A � XXXXX.


The 51 started Using 451-GB1 before the serial #. and started over with the first Willys off the line being 10,000.

Here is a great link by Bob W.... � http://www.cj-3a.com/Serial%20Numbers.htm


Tim
Posted by: Ryan_M
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »

Here is a pic of my original '51 plate followed by the new reproduction I ordered from a guy Poland. I trashed the original one trying to restore it and the local repros I found are junk. The Polish one is excellent:

Original:


Repro:
Posted by: racer 1
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »

Can anyone send me a photo of their 51 ID Plate. �My 50 only has �CJ-3A followed by the serial number.

Guessing the larger 51 tag# is layed out a bit different. �

Thanks

 ï¿½Dan � derikson@wi.rr.com �;)