The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Bedrock
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »

That is absolutely stunning.  For my taste, it is as nice a 3A as I have seen.   It is what I hope for my 1951 3A someday, but I would be happy if it looks half as nice as yours.  Congratulations on a great job, and thanks for the photos.

George
Posted by: RandyA
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »

BEAUTIFUL.......Very nice work.....
Posted by: athawk11
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »

Hey Roberto,
That's a great web site.  I have not seen that before.  That CJ/M38 is a nice looking rig.  I can see the similarities.  Thanks for turning me on to that site.

Chassssssmm, thanks!!  Sometime you'll have to show us how you get creative with your posts.  One other thing, I remember a post where you show us your Bantam restoration, but now I can't find it.  Could you point me in the right direction?  

Tim
Posted by: Roberto Flores
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »

Sir, I tip my hat on you!!! What a beauty!!! It�s awesome! Curiously, I have just found this one -quite similar to yours!- at EWillys.com, the excellent website of mr. Dave Eilers:

  http://www.ewillys.com/

What�s your opinion? I was shocked!!! I have been checking the markings and so in order to know if it was the same vehicle...just amazing!!! Well, good ideas ar always replicated.   ;)

Congratulations!!!
Posted by: Chasm
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »

[size=24]Sweet Tim, very sweet![/size][/color] �8-)
Posted by: athawk11
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

Hey Gun!!
The ammo can cup holder was truly 'the' defining moment in my entire build. :o  It's the details, man!!  It's all about the details!

Matt, already looking...  I had a chance at a Bantam for $250.00.  I just don't know what to look for, and got a sudden case of cold feet.   If my wife finds out, I'm am toast.  I take that back...I'm charcoal.

Tim
Posted by: Matto
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »

Nice work Tim, you really left no bolt unturned! What's the next project? Bantam trailer, Deuce and a half? There's sooo much old iron just waiting to be saved. ;D
Matt
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

Man I love the way that Ammo box pulls the whole thing together  ;D ;D
Nice job Tim, your right about the social requirements, peole just love to these, and one done as nicely as yours is special to see.
Todd
Posted by: athawk11
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »

Ah geeezz, where do I start?  Thank you to all for looking, and all the kind words.

I really enjoy the photos that you all post here.  They are both inspiring and informative.  I�m guessing you folks are the same about pictures, so I thought I would post how it turned out.    

I am not a showy guy, and not comfortable with praise, but I am proud of what I was able to do.  In all honesty, I give the 3A site a huge amount of credit for the majority of my success.  I could not have done this without you all.

On our short trip to Golden, we garnered a lot of attention. (Even though the dogs stayed home)  I think you have to be in a social mood while driving an old Willys.  You can�t just role up the windows when a moment of solitude is desired.  To just enjoy a drive with my wife isn�t going to happen.  I bet it�s the same for all MB, MC, 2A and 3A/B owners.  Clearly, this is a vehicle that people just don�t see very often.  And just like me, when I do see one, huge smiles and �thumbs ups� all around.

 I am honored to be part of a community of people that have a passion to save these old Jeeps.  The history important. The story needs be told.

Tom, I actually found the 1949 plates on Ebay.  Original, un-issued Prowers County plates, sold by a plate collector in Boulder. They were still wrapped in their original envelope. Pretty cool.  In Colorado, you have to get a real plate, but can run with a �date of manufacture� plate if the vehicle is old and you supply your own plate.  You do have to apply for permission.

Ryan, at least these Boston�s eventually run out of energy.  When do you sleep?

Calvin, I was laughing out loud when I read your comment.  Funny thing is, the names you have given really fit the dogs� personalities.  I have decided the back seat passenger is Marylin Monroe.  Very pretty, but a bit of a flake.

Bretto,  I�m watching your build. Very impressive.  Hopefully, I�m not embarrassed by mine if I ever pull up next to yours.

Once again, to all, thank you for your kind words.  Now it�s time to go get dusty and dirty on a couple Jeep gatherings.

Tim
Posted by: macrisel
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:51 AM »

Nice..............I wish I knew how to type in a whistle!
Posted by: Comanche_County
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »

That's a thing of beauty sir. Really nice!
Posted by: p3ferris
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »

Looks real nice. I agree with all the above
Posted by: bretto
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:46 AM »

From you neighbor, Congrats!
Some day, hopefully this year, I can be posting the same post.
Cheers!
Brett
Posted by: BMIC
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:03:48 AM »

Congradulations Tim, better now then the day she rolled off the assembly line.
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »

Tim,
  Thanks for sharing pics of your drive.  In the photo with occupants it's easy to recognize General Patton in the right front with Sgt. York at the wheel, but who is that in the back seat?