The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Jesse
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

Whoops, should not have sold my set of 3 a few years ago. (for thirty bucks) ::)

-Jesse
Posted by: Bob W
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

The 15" wheel option used 7.00 x 15" tires. These tires were the same height as the standard 6.00 x 16" tires so the speedometer gear and axle ratios would work out the same. The 7.00 x 15" tires are wider and therefore provide more flotation than the 6.00 x 16"s.
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

Ok, thanks guys. I thought they were.
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »

My 1949 CJ-3A was purchased new with 15 inch wheels. �They are shown as Part Number 642053 on page 94 of the Parts List manual for Jeep Models CJ-2A and CJ-3A Copyright 1949. �Bob W's book, THE CIVILIAN JEEP MODEL CJ3A also shows pics of both the standard 600 x 16 and the optional 700 x 15 wheels on page 26. �They are indeed an option.
Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »

15" wheels were an option on the CJ3A.

 I believe originals are fairly rare.  I have 15s on mine, but they are not CJ wheels.  I think they were from a Jeepster.   Dated 1955 and they have the hub cap lips.

Tim
Posted by: garage gnome
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »

Hi guys, I thought I read somewhere that 3As could have optional 15" wheels. Reason why I'm asking is my '53 has 15" KH wheels and when I sandblasted them, I could see the original campus red color (everything else was that color) and pin strips. I believe they are originals. Are they indeed an option?