The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: athawk11
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »

So,  just at the tranny cross member, you are 3/4" low?  At the front and rear, your measurements are the same on both the passenger and driver side?  Same, meaning equal on both passenger and driver side?  Or Same, meaning 3/4" off from passenger side to driver side when measuring at the front and rear?

If the measurement is consistently 3/4" at front and middle, and or rear, on just one side, then you have the "Willys Lean".  Very common.

If the low spot is at just the passenger side tranny cross member, something is bent.  

Tim
Posted by: p3ferris
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:40 AM »

Look at other jeeps.  They all have a lean from the factory.  I do not know why.  After hearing this the first time I went out and looked at mine, yep a lean.  Usually to the drivers side.
Posted by: CJJay
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »

I havd my cj3a bak together minuus the engine and I have a sag in the tub on the passenger side. if I measure at the same place on the frame on each side by the trany support, the passenger side is 3/4" lower. At the same area on the tub its 1.5" lower. The front and rear are the same hight. I have new springs all aroung and the tires have the same pressure so do you think the tub and frame are bent. any help or ideas.