The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »

I used a couple different ones, you can get some PVC coated wire clips at NAPA that will fit around your lines and bolt to the cover, I use the black coated ones, and they come in a lot of sizes.  On the straight part of the axle I went to NAPA as well and got some of that abrasize resistant woven hose, I slipoped that over the brake line and then put a stainless hose clamp around the axle and line.  The woven hose protects the line from rubbing on the axle or clamp.  I also used just a short piece, mayube 4 inches long, that way moisture would be less apt to collect there.
Posted by: mrman5917
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I decided I'm going to re-route the brake lines to be more or less "on top" of the axle instead of on the back side.

I'm going to keep looking around for those clips. I had one good one that I used on this axle, but the others had seen better decades of use. If anyone comes up with another source, I'd still be happy to hear from it. For now I think I'll leave it be since there will still be quite some time before it ends up on the road again.
Posted by: dluyk
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »

I was looking at this and said to my wife - "hey you want to see something that looks
great"? Needless to say she wasn't expecting to see a rear axel - but that does look sooo
good! Nice job.
Posted by: F Bill
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »

 A few backwoods options for you.. Large zip ties.....Stainless hose clamps,  or weld on flat strips of metal to the axle housing, then bend around your brake line. All cushioned with short sections of rubber hose.
Posted by: mrman5917
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted (although I visit often).

I am just about finished putting the rear axle back together after deciding to keep the stock 9" brakes. I've ran new brake lines, and everything is just about ready to be called "done"

I'm trying to locate a cost-effective source for the various brake line clips that attach the lines to the axles. I need some of the metal clips that are attached to the differential cover bolts as well as the large rings that go around the axle tubes. I've found that Kaiser Willys offers a set of clips for body attaching that look like they could be used for the differential bolt clips, and they also come with the asphalted loom cushions. But, at $30 shipped to me for 6 clips, it seems a bit steep.

Is there another source, locally or online, that I can get these clips (and preferably the cushions) at a better cost? It also seems that none of the major Willys parts suppliers have the axle tube clips. Any pointers would be appreciated.