The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: macrisel
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »

Sorry for the confusion!  There are not any footman loops involved with the spare tire, only the bracket and a small piece of wood mounted over the wheel well to keep the tire from vibrating around.  The footman loops I were refering to are the ones on the top and sides of the tub used to attatch a top, tie down gear, etc.  Reproduction tubs and patch panels do not come with these holes drilled in them.

Again sorry for the confusion and good luck!
Posted by: BradleyDP
« on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »

Thank you . I will check it out. Did not know there are footmans loops involved with the spare tire.
Can you send pictures of yours?
Posted by: macrisel
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »

I had the same question about this time last year!  ;D  Here is the thread link:

http://cj-3a.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1292859169/4#4

It includes some great photos along with dimensions for the spare tire bracket.  I have a repro tub and have had to drill all the holes in it for everything.  If you need the locations for the footmans loops, there is also a thread out there for that also..

Good luck!
Posted by: BradleyDP
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »

I want to mount my spare tire carrier to the side of my jeep. I know the bracket mounts at a 45� and on top of the support bracket. But don't know exactly how. I have a notch in my carrier doe it go up or down?

Any info on this let me know please. :-?