The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: athawk11
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

Yep.

I attached my bell housing to the engine and then the transmission to the bell housing. �I just put it back together the same way I took it apart.  I fought that fork and cable into position for a freakin hour! �I needed little tiny monkey hands, but none of the neighborhood kids were around!

By the way, �the photo by Rocketeer is how I found mine and how it is now.

Tim
Posted by: macrisel
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »

I agree with Carl.  If you don't, you better have four hands and two midgets handy to help get the fork in after you bolt up the tranny.......and extra blood to spare. >:(

Been there, done that!
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »

Also, put the clutch release fork in before you stab the tranny in because you will create some new cuss words if you don't.
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »



Larry
Posted by: TomJ
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »

Hi all:

Working with what I got on '51 CJ3A and I'm putting the clutch fork and clutch assembly in.  It seems however that the people that put the transmission back together put the spring bracket for the slide assembly on the transmission shaft in the wrong place.  The bracket is on the top bolt which makes the slide on the shaft 90 degrees out of line. Here's a couple of pictures of what I got, shouldn't the bracket be on the lower side bolt?

thanks guys....Tom