Posted by: rocketeer
« on: June 24, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »Quote
�I currently have a Sunpro gauge and sender. �Works perfectly out of tank but as soon as I install it, a full tank only reads 3/4 on the gauge. �I can live with this, but can't for the life of me figure out why it won't read full. �And, yes, the float arm is adjusted correctly to be at the top of its travel inside the tank. �That's because the float is reaching the top of it's travel before the arm reaches the stop. You can correct that by bending the arm DOWN slightly. It may take a little experimenting until you get it right.
However, the important reading is not Full but Empty. The way to set up a sending unit is to do it on an empty tank and make sure that when you install it and connect it up it reads Empty without the float hitting the bottom of the tank. It should hang about 1/2" above the bottom. The length of the arm is critical. It MUST be the correct length in order for the gauge to read accurately thru the entire arc.
Larry