The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Tumbleweed
« on: May 19, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

Thank you Larry. Mine is an early CJ3A with the bottom mount radiator. I'll probably just manufacture a shroud since I now have a better idea of what I need.
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »

The correct type of fan shroud is going to depend on which style radiator you have, bottom mount or side mount. Early CJ3A's still had a CJ2A style radiator (bottom mount) which had a couple of different style shouds, while the later CJ3A's all had the side mount radiator which only had one type of shroud.

To function properly the fan blades should be halfway under the shroud.

Larry
Posted by: Tumbleweed
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »

I bet I have probably seen at least 5 different fan shroud combinations for a 49 CJ3A on the internet. On my rig the shroud was missing. I have seen where there are short shrouds and then long ones for the same engine. I thought that I read that it must be at least covering the fan blades to function properly, or is it just to keep from getting your fingers chopped off? I'm thinking the longer so the fan can form a good suction on the radiator. Thanks......George