Posted by: Tumbleweed
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »I'll probably run a number of spot welds or short stitches. Certainly will practice again on some scrap metal the same guage as I am welding. I tried to do do this last night but we had a mean lightning storm in the Ft Worth area. I figured I better not play with electricity. I got some copper and scrap alum. yesterday from work. We are expecting bad weather again tonight so looks like Saturday before I can let some sparks fly. Now that I know how to post pictures I'll send a few if the welds are good!
I'm going to have my Jeep dipped to remove rust in a few weeks. I found a place in Arlington called Metal Rehab (the GM there has an M38) the cost was reasonable and an alternative to blasting. They will also prime my Jeep for a little extra. I got my pans from Classic Enterprise a few days ago and they look great. They are heavy guage and plenty of material all the way around in case you need to cut more floor out.
I'm going to have my Jeep dipped to remove rust in a few weeks. I found a place in Arlington called Metal Rehab (the GM there has an M38) the cost was reasonable and an alternative to blasting. They will also prime my Jeep for a little extra. I got my pans from Classic Enterprise a few days ago and they look great. They are heavy guage and plenty of material all the way around in case you need to cut more floor out.
