The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: jamesr
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »

I drilled the tailgate on mine. Jim
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »

I've gotone of those Jerry can holders from Northern tool, how did you guys mount yours?  Did you drill holes in the tailgate? Or maybe build a fram for the thing?  Curios
Posted by: mud pie
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »

Cool, then they should work for me. I don't plan on keeping gas in my cans, strictly to minimize the chance of theft. Hopefully no one would steal an empty can, hoping they don't realize how pricey them original cans are !
Posted by: jamesr
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

I have 2 of those that were on the tailgate for about 5 years.  One of them split around the top left mounting hole, and the straps rotted out from the sun.  But it can be welded and heavier straps (UV rated) used. They are not of the quality of the ones Walks sell, but the price was right at the time.  Jim
Posted by: mud pie
« on: February 17, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »

I know the "regulars", Walcks, Kaiser, etc, sell the jerry can carrier for well over $100 bucks, but I found the carrier at Northern Tool for $17.99...  here... http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200105224_200105224

Granted, the strap has to go, and chances are the steel isn't as heavy duty (I'd venture to guess, after all, there HAS to be a difference), but can anyone justify the cost difference ?  I can buy nearly TEN of these carriers for the cost of one from one of the "regulars".